Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's in a Name?





Well, well, well. In every grade, in the mist of the third week of school the humanities teacher always want to know what your name means and where it comes from. I think that this will turn up every year from experience. The reason why I like to scrutinize about my name is because I always get something new from my parent’s about my name. This is my chance to figure out the juicy details that my parent’s will tell me about my name. It’s now my chance. I’m hitting the road to tell you about my name.

Let’s begin!

It all began on a sunny Sunday, when I was just born. It took my father months to figure out a name for me before I was even born. This was a tough decision for my father. Since my mother named my brothers starting with an M, it was my father’s turn to choose my name starting with a P. I think it was fair for my father to choose my name. When I was born my father still didn’t come up with a name for me. Then my mother had a back up plan in case my father couldn’t think of a name for me. My name means pearl in Greek and in Welsh too. My mother named me after an actor playing a role in the Melrose show. She thought it was a petty name for a girl. Since the actor was nice and kind she thought it would be a great name for me. This was then my name became Megan. My parents then realised that me and my brothers all start with M and end with an N just like my mother’s name. My mother chose all our first name so it was my father who chose our middle names. This was how my middle name was formed.

I and my brothers’ middle name are in Chinese. Of course some people thing it’s weird to have a Chinese name which they can’t pronounce but I think it's cute because my middle name mean daddy heart. My middle name is Feixin as in daddy heart if you say it in Chinese. I like my middle name because it's easy to pronounce and my middle name really describes me. Daddy's heart. I love my dad a lot so it's a perfect name for me. This really is a special middle name because I love my father very much.

I love all my names. It represents who I am and how it suits me. The reason I like my first name is because it unique just like me, gentle, and beautiful in my own way. Every pearl has there own way in being gentle with others, unique with different colors and beautiful because it shiny and sparkly. I guess everyone has an impact in there name but for me I think my name is easy to remember and also easy to say. I really don’t care if people misspell my name because in everyone name some people will spell your name wrong. I guess it's OK if they spell my name wrong starting with an H, such a Meghan. I really don’t mind because Megan and Meghan sound the same except one has an H in it. as long as they say it right I'm fine. Now it's on to my last name.

Of course everyone in the world has a last name even if it's a made up or one that come from your great great ancestors. Well my last name came from a city named Zhao in China. My last name is Chew but in Chinese its means Zhao. During the Zhou dynasty from 1001-947 b.c. was the year the Zhou dynasty was made and my last name is from the city of Zhao. Now the city of Zhou is no longer here, in the present it is called the province of Shanxi. In my last name there's not a lot of information to dig out but it excellent I know where it came from.
It's a lot of information you could learn about your first name, middle name and sort of your last name. I think it unique how each name symbolizes how a person is just like my name. My name means pearl in Greek and in Welsh so it sort of unique because not a lot of people have the name Megan in the world. Well that's what the Internet says, but during my 12 years of living I've know about 5 Megan's. You can really learn a lot from your name.

URL:
http://www.corkfpc.com/450px-White_pearl_necklace%5B1%5D.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment